LCU starting Scholars Academy for stand-out high schoolers to earn two years of college credit
Louisiana Christian University launches the Louisiana Christian Scholars Academy this fall for high school students looking for a serious jump-start on their college studies. It is designed to offer high school students 60 hours of college credit over two full years,” said LCU President Dr. Rick Brewer. “They will earn an associate of arts…Read More
Earn an associates of arts in general studies while you complete your high school degree
$2500 per SEMESTER up to 15 hrs. with BOOKS INCLUDED
Register today for the FALL!
The Louisiana Christian Scholars Academy will provide high-achieving high school students the opportunity to earn up to two years of college credit while completing a high school degree. Classes are taught by LCU’s professors either online or on campus. The LCSA will offer high school students access to the LCU campus for participation in campus activities, chapel, and attendance at athletic events. Guided by the University’s Mission all classes are Christ-centered integrating Faith and Learning for academic excellence.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Student must be enrolled in a Louisiana public, private, or parochial school, or in a BESE-Approved Home Study Program.
- Student must be on track for completing the required Louisiana Core 4 Curriculum.
- Student must have achieved 11th or 12th-grade academic standing. (Limited enrollment for 10th graders requires high school principal recommendation.)
- Student must be enrolled in a college course for which dual credit is attempted and recorded on both students’ secondary and postsecondary academic records.
- Student will be admitted and enrolled as a “Non-Degree Seeking” student. Upon graduation from high school, if the student enrolls at LC, he/she will apply for admission as a regular student and must meet the university’s admission requirements.
Student Enrollment Criteria:
- ACT Composite Score of 19 (or equivalent PLAN, CLT, ASPIRE, ACCUPLACER, SAT, or COMPASS score)
- ACT English sub-score of 18 to enroll in English Comp I (EN 101)(or equivalent PLAN, CLT, ASPIRE, ACCUPLACER, SAT, or COMPASS score)
- ACT Mathematics sub-score of 19 to enroll in College Algebra (or equivalent PLAN, CLT, ACCUPLACER, ASPIRE, SAT, or COMPASS score)
- GPA 3.00 – Junior/Sophomore Status