Congratulations! You are about to become a Louisiana Christian University graduate!
Online ordering will be available starting January 11, 2022 for your custom Louisiana Christian University cap and gown.
Caps and gowns ordered by February 4, 2022, will ship for free to the LCU Bookstore and will be available for pick up at the Spring Grad Fair on March 16, 2022. Orders placed after February 4, 2022, will direct ship to your home for a $15.95 shipping fee. Orders shipping to your home will ship approximately 2 weeks from the order date. Please allow standard transit time for delivery.
Continue to check your Louisiana Christian University email for more information regarding the Spring 2022 Grad Fair and commencement.
NOTE: The deadline to order for Grad Fair pick up is February 4th, 2022.
Graduation Application Deadlines
|Graduating Term||Undergraduate Level||Graduate Level|
|Spring 2022||May 5, 2021||January 28, 2022|
|Summer 2022||May 5, 2021||January 28, 2022|
|Fall 2022||December 2, 2021||August 26, 2022|
Rapides Parish Coliseum Policy
The Rapides Parish Coliseum will be requiring all who enter to go through a metal detector. Weapons of any kind will not be permitted.
In addition, guests are asked to carry all personal belongings in a clear bag.
Commencement will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at 10:00 am in the Rapides Parish Coliseum
All Business, Financial Aid, Spiritual/Cultural, and Library holds must be taken care of, so that the hold is removed, by noon on Friday, May 6th or you will not be able to receive their diploma at the Commencement Ceremony!
Rapides Parish Coliseum
5600 Coliseum Blvd.
Alexandria, LA 71303
Candidates should check with the following offices to make sure they are cleared for graduation:
- Undergraduate Students Only: Student Life for completion of S.C.E. requirements. Degrees will not be awarded to the students who have not completed S.C.E. requirements. Melinda.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Undergraduate & Graduate Students: Check with the Business office to clear any unpaid balances. The $50 Commencement Fee has been assessed to the account of all graduating students and must be paid before commencement. Diplomas and transcripts will be held for those accounts not cleared prior to graduation. 318-487-7452
- Graduate Level Students: Students who meet graduation requirements are expected to participate in Commencement. Students who do not participate in Commencement will be assessed an additional handling fee of $100 and a hold will be placed on their account. The complete policy may be found under the General Graduation Requirements of the current Graduate Catalog.
- If you received Financial Aid, check with the Financial Aid office to determine whether you need to complete the Federal Financial Aid Exit Survey. Diplomas and transcripts will be held for those accounts not cleared prior to graduation. 318-487-7386
- Check with the library to make sure you have no outstanding balance or books. Diplomas and transcripts will be held for those accounts not cleared prior to graduation. 318-487-7201
- DIPLOMAS and/or transcripts will not be given to students who have not cleared all financial and/or library obligations, S.C.E. requirements, and exit interviews.
- Athletic Holds and Graduating Senior Holds do not affect graduation status, therefore will not prevent a student from receiving a degree/diploma.
April 30: The $50 Commencement Fee for ALL STUDENTS ELIGIBLE TO WALK IN COMMENCEMENT is due. To pay the fee log in to portal and search “commencement fee” for payment portal. All graduating students must pay this fee, even if not walking at the ceremony. Failure to pay the fee will result in a Business office Hold on one’s account. Diplomas/transcripts will not be distributed to persons with Business Holds on their account.
May 4 by 12:00 pm: All grades are due. This includes special credit information, substitution information, transfer work from official transcripts from any other college or university, and removal of all incomplete grades—ALL GRADES. See that all your work is complete so that your professors can turn in your grades on time to the Registrar’s office. If you find that you cannot complete your work, notify the Registrar’s office immediately.
May 7 – 9:15 am: Graduates line up for commencement in the Rapides Parish Coliseum. Commencement Exercises – ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL CANDIDATES FOR DEGREES. All candidates for graduation are expected to attend the Commencement exercises. Exceptions will be made only for extenuating circumstances. No excuse will be granted without permission from the Provost/VPAA prior to graduation.
Attire: All candidates are required to be present in academic attire (cap & gown). The tassel should be worn on the left side at all times. Men should remove their caps for prayer only.
Men: Should wear white shirts & dark ties, dark pants and black shoes.
Women: Should wear simple dresses with dress shoes. Ladies, when selecting shoes please keep in mind that you will be ascending and descending stairs to the platform.
Cords & Honors: Cords are distributed by individual departments, clubs, and organizations, if and when applicable. Persons should contact the specific department, club, or organization for more information. Students who earned an academic award based on cumulative GPA will receive the appropriate medal that is distributed the day of Commencement. Graduation stoles may only bear the names or logos of entities (clubs, organizations, societies, fraternities, sororities, etc.) that are approved by and specifically associated with Louisiana Christian University.
Any Diplomas, that are not distributed at commencement, will be available for pick up from the Registrar’s office beginning May 16th.
Tickets are not required to attend Commencement.