Louisiana Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelors, and masters degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Louisiana Christian University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Separate accreditation for specific programs has been awarded to the following organizations:
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) See accreditation statement here.
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN)
- Louisiana State Department of Education (LSDE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Commission on Accreditation for Athletic Education (CAATE)
- Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
In addition, Louisiana Christian University holds membership in the following organizations:
- Strive for College
- Conference of Louisiana Christian Universitys and Universities
- Louisiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Consortium for Global Education (CGE)
- Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges & Universities (LAICU)
- The Association for Biblical Higher Education (IACE)
- International Association of Baptist Colleges & Universities (IABCU)
NC-SARA Approved Institution
Louisiana Christian University is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) to be an institutional participant in the SARA initiative.
NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Learn more about NC-SARA.
If you are a student from outside the state of Louisiana, who is considering a program of study that may lead to professional licensure, be sure to contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state of residence before beginning your course of study.
LCU's Bachelor and Master of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education’s Board of Accreditation.
Accreditation of a baccalaureate or master’s social work program by the Council on Social Work Education’ Board of Accreditation indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of program quality evaluated through a peer review process. An accredited program has sufficient resources to meet its mission and goals and the Board of Accreditation has verified that it demonstrates compliance with all sections of the Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
Accreditation applies to all program sites and program delivery methods of an accredited program. Accreditation provides reasonable assurance about the quality of the program and the competence of students graduating from the program.