Louisiana Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association for Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, bachelors, and masters degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Louisiana Christian University may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Separate accreditation for specific programs has been awarded to the following organizations:
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) See accreditation statement here.
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Louisiana State Board of Nursing (LSBN)
- Louisiana State Department of Education (LSDE)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Commission on Accreditation for Athletic Education (CAATE)
- Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC)
In addition, Louisiana Christian University holds membership in the following organizations:
- Strive for College
- Conference of Louisiana Christian Universitys and Universities
- Louisiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Consortium for Global Education (CGE)
- Louisiana Association of Independent Colleges & Universities (LAICU)
- The Association for Biblical Higher Education (IACE)
- International Association of Baptist Colleges & Universities (IABCU)
NC-SARA Approved Institution
Louisiana Christian University is approved by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) to be an institutional participant in the SARA initiative.
NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. Learn more about NC-SARA.
If you are a student from outside the state of Louisiana, who is considering a program of study that may lead to professional licensure, be sure to contact the appropriate licensing agency in your state of residence before beginning your course of study.