Don't Get Off Track!
It’s time to check your career. Did you know that LCU offers a Masters in Business Administration, and a Masters in Strategic Leadership? We also offer Graduate Certificates that will jump start your career.
The skills required to navigate today’s workplace are changing. The Young School of Business Graduate Certificates not only allow you to improve your skills; they will help you THRIVE!
Our Graduate Certificates are designed for working professionals to propel their careers to new levels.
- Courses are 100% online offering full flexibility
- Courses meet for 7 weeks allowing completion of a certificate in as little as 5 months
- No prerequisites for the Certificate, a bachelor’s degree from any field is enough
- Every course can be applied to complete the Master of Business Administration or Master of Strategic Leadership degree.
- LCU alumni receive tuition discounts plus the application fee is waived
MBA Graduate Certificate Descriptions:
MBA & MSL Graduate Certificate Descriptions:
The Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration prepares you to manage all aspects of a healthcare organization whether it be in hospital administration, clinic management, patient services, or other health service organizations.
In our Certificate program, you’ll learn the complexities of:
- Managing professional, highly skilled knowledge workers
- Supervising day-to-day operations
- Creation and implementation of innovative programs
- Informatics for healthcare
- Overseeing communications and marketing
The median pay for careers as Medical and Health Services pay $101,340. The Job Outlook through 2031 is for 28% growth in this field, much faster than the average growth rate for other occupations. It is estimated there will be 136,200 new positions added to this field during this time. (Occupational Outlook Handbook from the BLS.)
|HC 640||Healthcare Administration|
|HC 641||Health Communication|
|HC 642||Health Informatics|
|MG 610||Managing People and Organizations|
Data analysis is the greatest change that is sweeping all organizations around the world. Data analysis is critical for organizations to understand their customers better, improve sales, improve customer targeting, reduce costs, and allow for the creation of better problem-solving strategies.
The Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics prepares you for high demand skills like:
- Visualization and dashboard building through Tableau
- Data exploration through SQL
- Predictive modeling
- Python and R
Salaries for careers as Data Analysts top out around $125,000 with the median pay about $69,000. The job outlook in this field is excellent with growth rates estimated at 25%, exceeding the average rate for most fields. (Occupational Outlook Handbook from the BLS.)
|BA 630||Foundation of Business Analytics|
|BA 631||Data Mining and Predictive Analytics|
|BA 632||Visualization and Large-Scale Data Analysis|
|BA 633||Advanced Methods in Data Analytics|
The most requested area for improving knowledge, skills, and abilities is for first time supervisors and managers. The role of managers has been critical for the success of organizations since the very first time that humans attempted to collaborate to achieve goals!
The Graduate Certificate in Organizational Administration is designed for new managers and supervisors for any organizational type and is a steppingstone into the MBA program. This certificate will improve your knowledge of:
- Accounting, financial statements, and budgeting
- Economic trends and their impact on organizations
- Motivating, encouraging, and leading employees
- Effective marketing and promotion of your organization
The demand for new managers is always growing! It is estimated that there are over 1 million job openings for managers every single year. The median wage for managers is about $102,450. (Occupational Outlook Handbook from the BLS.)
|AC 610||Accounting for Decision-Making|
|EC 610||Economics & Global Business|
|FN 610||Managerial Finance|
|MG 610||Managing People & Organizations|
|MK 610||Marketing Management|
Human Resource Management
Crucial to every organization is Human Resource management. HR managers provide essential functions of hiring, training, compensating, and retaining employees. Most of all, HR managers set the tone for job satisfaction for the entire organization.
Our Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management will equip you for:
- Establishing strategic human resource functions to enable your organization to succeed
- Leading organizational development and change initiatives for your organization
- Creating a competitive advantage for your organization through compensation and benefits
- Ensuring that ethics permeates the entire approach to managing your employees
The median salary for Human Resource Managers is $126,230 and the demand for Human Resource positions is expected to be about the same as other occupations. (Occupational Outlook Handbook from the BLS.)
|Human Resource Management:|
|MG 610||Managing People and Organizations|
|MG 641||Human Resource Management|
|MG 645||Organizational Development & Change|
|MG 646||Compensation & Benefits|