Assistant Professor of Missions and Ministries
Dean of Chapel
About Nicholas Maricle
Nicholas Maricle teaches theology, church history, and philosophy of religion at Louisiana Christian University. He is a PhD student at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary researching the place of divine immutability in contemporary theology. He is also the pastor of Hessmer Baptist Church in Hessmer, Louisiana.
Professor Maricle is married to Karley, and they have a daughter named Ivy.
Awards and Publications:
- Nicholas Maricle, “A Biblical, Theological Proposal for Strengthening Reformed Theodicies.” Journal of the International Society of Christian Apologetics, 14, no. 1 (2021): 77–95.
- Nicholas Maricle, “The Atemporal, Temporal God: Divine Atemporality and the Challenge of the Incarnation.” Puritan Reformed Journal 13, no. 2 (July 2021): 143–58.
- Nicholas Maricle, review of Challies, Tim and Josh Byers, Visual Theology Study Guide: Seeing and Understanding the Truth about God. Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry, (Spring 2021): 164–65.
- Nicholas Maricle, “Pastor, Care for your Soul so You Can Care for Your Congregation,” review of The Care of Souls: Cultivating a Pastor’s Heart by Harold Senkbeil, Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, last modified July 7, 2020, https://erLCU.com/resource-library/book-reviews/pastor-care-for-your-soul-so-you-can-care-for-your-congregation/.
- Review of Reformation 500: How the Greatest Revival Since Pentecost Continues to Shape the World Today. Edited by Ray Van Neste and J. Michael Garrett. Journal for Baptist Theology and Ministry, (Spring 2020): 151–53.
- Outstanding Student in Christian Thought, 2018–2019, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- American Academy of Religion
- PhD (Senior Resident), New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary
- ThM, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, 2021
- MDiv, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminar, 2018
- BA, Louisiana State University at Alexandria, 2015
- RL 102: New Testament Survey
- RL/PI 300: Christian Faith and Values
- RL/PI 304: Christian Faith and Values Honors
- RL 365: Christian Theology 1
- RL 367: Christian Theology 2