Transfer Credit Accepted for Military Credit and Police Academy Credit
|Type of Credit||Maximum Allowable Credit|
(1 credit per year)
|Transfer Credits from Community College & ACE approved classes||62|
|Transfer Credit from Accredited 4-year college||90|
|Transfer Credit from both Community College and 4-year college||90
|Total Credits Awarded||97|
|The combination of the above credits cannot exceed 97 credits.
The last 30 credits must be at LCU.
Type of credits accepted.
- Joint Services Transcript – this is a transcript showing the completed training that is approved for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE). We accept ACE approved course.
- Credit by exam – CLEP (see accepted tests and scores in LCU catalog) and DSST approved by ACE.
Military Service Credit -
|Months of Active-Duty Military Service||Military Service Credit Hours Awarded|
|4 months||1 semester hour (HP Credit)|
|6 months||2 semester hours (HP Credit)|
|Each 3 months in addition to the first 6||+ 1 semester hours (HP Credit) not to exceed 12 credits*.|
*For a student to achieve 12 semester hours of Military Service credit they must be in continuous active duty for 3 years (36 months).
A copy of the service record (DD 214 or DD 295) must be submitted for evaluation and awarding this credit.
Police Academy Credit – A copy of the Police Academy Graduate Certificate and the Cadet Class Curriculum must be received to award Police Academy Credit. To be awarded 3 semester hours credit in lieu of Criminal Justice Field Placement (CJ 405) the student must have completed a 320 hour (or more) basic training course as prescribed and certified by the Louisiana Council on Peace officers Standards and Training (POST). Those students who completed the training outside of the State of Louisiana must be able to demonstrate that the training transfers to Louisiana in accordance with Louisiana Administrative Code, Title 22, Part III, Chapter 47.
- Work Experience Credit - LCU accepts 1 hour of work experience credit for each year served in the military or in police work up to 4 credits.
- Advanced training credit - For military training - would be awarded after receiving a Joint Services Transcript and checking the course descriptions through ACE.
For Police training – would be awarded after receiving the Advanced Training Record from relevant police academy.
The following courses may be awarded advanced credit.
- Advanced Leadership Skills in Law Enforcement (125 hour course) - 3 Advanced training credits
- Defensive Tactics in Law Enforcement (170 hour course) – 3 Advanced training credits
- First Responder Skills (51 hour-course) – 1 Advanced training credit
- Introductions to Investigations (28.5 hour course) 1 Advanced training credit
- Introduction to Investigative Procedures (44.5 hour course) 1 Advanced training credt
- Investigations (35.5 hour course) – 1 Advanced training credt
- Leadership Skills in Law Enforcement – (40 hour course) 1 Advanced training credit
- Roadway Incident Investigation (68.5 hour course) 2 Advanced training credits
Community College and ACE-approved credit – accepted from any regionally accredited two-year college. Must have official transcript sent to LCU to receive credit. Maximum credits – 62 hours.
Four-year College credit – accepted from any regionally accredited four-year college. Must have official transcript sent to LCU to receive credit. Maximum credits – 90 hours.
Combination Two-year college and four-year college credit – accepted from any regionally accredited two-year college and four-year college. Must have official transcript sent to LCU to receive credit. Maximum combination credit – 90 hours.